orangewrapper

Penny & Chris Goeppner are in the process of adopting two children from Russia.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Road Trip!

Can you guess where we went? I'll give you three guesses, the first two don't count!












Yesterday at about 3:30 pm Chris and I made a last minute decision to drive 5 1/2 hours to Tallahassee. I threw some stuff in a bag and we were on the road by 4:20. We wanted to really try to make the deadline, not expecting anything but doing our best to make it happen. Well, the Lord made our trip prosperous because at 8:15 this morning our documents were apostilled and we were on our way to Kinkos/Fed-Ex to make copies and send them directly to Krasnoyarsk, Russia. They should be there by Monday. We are not sure if we made the deadline since all we were told was to try to get the documents in by the beginning of September. Does the beginning of the second week of September count? I'm just glad that it's done. We know that whatever happens, God is in control.

9 Comments:

At 4:38 PM , Blogger Kushmama said...

yay! i'm so happy for you to have that monkey off your back:) love you guys!!

 
At 6:43 PM , Blogger Deb said...

Let's pray that counts. Congratz on getting them out. Now you can relax for a few days I hope.

 
At 10:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES! I bet that felt good! We're praying for those referrals to come quickly! Can't help it ~ we're filled with hopeful expectations!
Love you guys! We're keepin' an eye on this blog!

 
At 8:19 AM , Blogger Becky and Keith said...

Confessions of an excited mind: I saw "Road Trip!" and somehow that led me to think "Oh my goodness they got their referral." What was I thinking? That you were going to be driving to Russia? Hmmm... I think I need more sleep! I'm so glad you got your docs done and in the mail! You must be so relieved.

 
At 9:38 AM , Blogger Lyndsey said...

Well you looked really cute during all of that apostillising!

I'm glad that's done for you guys. You guys are awesome ;)

 
At 9:47 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

I know the long wait, seemingly endless paperwork (and renewals) seem exhausting. Still walking that journey with you, just a step or two ahead. I still have faith there will be an end to this journey... I just don't know when it will be. Hang in there.

When you were on your road trip, I was ONE HOUR away from you guys! I am visiting my grandparents near Tallahassee! Too bad we couldn't have lunch or something, but maybe next time. :-) WITH KIDS!!

Hugs, Lisa

 
At 6:28 PM , Blogger John and Kim Watkins said...

Hi Penny,

Keep fighting. My wife and I waited 9 months for our referral and we were notified yesterday that we will meet our daughter next week in Russia. It is a long road. It has taken us 2 years to get to this point and we have several more months of paperwork-travel-sleepless nights before she is back here with us.

God is with you.

 
At 11:53 PM , Blogger Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Maybe once they get your documents in Kras they will realize it is time to finally send you all a referral!! I hope you hear something soon!

 
At 4:56 PM , Blogger 6blessings said...

So glad that you got your docs done and sent out. I will be praying that the timing was just perfect!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home