orangewrapper

Penny & Chris Goeppner are in the process of adopting two children from Russia.

Monday, August 20, 2007

The longest 2 weeks ever!

Our agency said that once we received our accreditation it would be about 2 weeks until referrals would come. It's been 4 weeks now and counting! I think I heard that Russia takes the month of August off for a holiday, is this true? I mean really, does anyone ever work over there at all? It seems like there's always some holiday or reason not to work going on over there. It's so frustrating as I'm sure my fellow adoption blog buddies know. How are all of you doing? Anyone want to join me in another day of prayer?
I'm leaving to visit my sister and my niece tomorrow. It's my niece's 1st birthday on the 22nd. I haven't seen her since she was born! I'm really looking forward to spending time with my family, my mom and step-dad will be there too. I'll tell you about it when I get back on Friday. Hopefully we'll get some good news this week from our agency!

5 Comments:

At 1:19 PM , Blogger Deb said...

So sorry your wait is getting so much longer than it should have. Yes, I've heard the same about August vacations. One person leaves the whole office shuts down it seems.
I think another day of prayer would be great.
Hope you have lots of fun with the birthday celebrations.

 
At 3:13 PM , Blogger 6blessings said...

I keep checking to see if you have referrals. I'm sorry you are having to wait even longer. I will pray that it will be soon. Have a great time with your family.

 
At 3:39 PM , Blogger Becky and Keith said...

I hope everything starts to flow soon! We aren't accredited yet, but it sounds like those that received accreditation are starting to get some referrals trickling in. I pray your's is next!! As you can imagine, I'm so excited to follow your journey since I'll be going to the same place. Have a great time at the birthday part and with the family!

 
At 4:49 PM , Blogger Chris Goeppner said...

Thanks Guys! I really appreciate your prayers.
-P

 
At 7:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's funny- I get the same impression about their work schedule! Always something, right?? Have a great trip and give your niece big sloppy birthday kisses- that's a birthday standard!! :o)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home