orangewrapper

Penny & Chris Goeppner are in the process of adopting two children from Russia.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Update!

Okay, I'm still on vacation at my sister's in Charleston. While traveling here I checked my phone messages and found that my FC called with some important info. There are some docs in my dossier that have expired and I was aware of it but not in a big hurry to get them done right away since things were moving so slow. Evidently the docs need to be re-done (notarized and apostilled) and sent to our agency by the beginning of September if we want to be in the first group of families to receive referrals. I also found out that we need to be re-registered in Kras and we need the expired docs done and sent before that can happen. So you can only imagine how I'm freaking out right now!!! My precious husband, who has not done any of the document collecting, notarizing or apostilling, is now scrambling at home to get these docs done. I'm trying to tell him how to do it over the phone, not an easy task! Please pray for us that we will be able to get all of this paperwork done and submitted before the deadline so we can get our referrals. Pray for my sweet hubby too that he'll be able to get all of the docs together. I'll be home on Friday, I'm hoping that everything can be sent to be apostilled by Monday.

6 Comments:

At 8:08 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Now THIS is some good news. More than due!!

 
At 9:42 PM , Blogger Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Good luck getting to documents done! I'm sure your husband is very capable. While I helped with the typing of documents, Michael did the majority of the certifying and apostilling due to my work schedule at the time! I'm sure Chris will do great! Good luck with getting everything completed! I hope you hear something soon!!

 
At 11:02 PM , Blogger 6blessings said...

Progress!! Yeah! I know it's cramming quickly, but it sounds like a really good kind of rush!

 
At 8:20 AM , Blogger Deb said...

Yippee!! So glad that your agency is telling you some good news. I can't imagine having to tell Dave to do all this stuff. I'll be praying for you and Chris.

 
At 9:02 AM , Blogger Becky and Keith said...

Wait, wait, wait... and then rush, rush, rush! :-) This is a good kind of rush though because it means that good news is coming your way! I don't know what I would do if Keith had to pull together the documents! Good luck, Chris - I'm sure you'll do great! Penny - enjoy the rest of your vacation. Sounds like life is going to move full speed ahead.

 
At 3:37 PM , Blogger JennStar said...

Holy cow- that's awesome!!! And hey, this will make your DH REALLY feel like he's involved, right??!! One day, he'll be able to tell this child how much blood sweat, and tears went into finding them and he can say that now from experience! :o)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home