orangewrapper

Penny & Chris Goeppner are in the process of adopting two children from Russia.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

We're Back!

We just got back a few hours ago from our family vacation. We had a great time fishing, swimming, relaxing and hanging out together. You can see some pics on Chris' blog if your interested.
I have to admit I was a little bummed that we didn't get a call saying we had referrals but I've learned to get over those disappointments pretty quickly. There have been quite a few of them since we started this process, you know.=)
I had a lovely surprise waiting for me on my doorstep when I got home from my SBP! A sweet card, a cute box and inside the box was a basket of relaxing body "lotions & potions", as I like to call them, from The Bath & Body Works. How very thoughtful SBP! I sure do need to bring some serenity into my world. I need to appreciate it now while I can because serenity doesn't exist when you have small children, right?=) Thank you for your kindness and encouragement.
I can't wait to catch up on everyone's blogs. I'm praying that big things happen for all of us soon!

2 Comments:

At 11:35 PM , Blogger Michael, Carrie, and S said...

I'm glad you all had a nice vacation! I'm sure you are anxious every time the phone rings, wondering if it is "the call!" It probably feels like time goes so slowly now since you are anticipating hearing something soon! Hopefully, you will get your referral in the very near future! :)

 
At 2:33 PM , Blogger Chris Goeppner said...

I hope you guys get your referral soon too!
-Penny

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home