orangewrapper

Penny & Chris Goeppner are in the process of adopting two children from Russia.

Saturday, September 15, 2007

I'm an Idiot!

Surely this isn't a surprise to most of you.
Yesterday I sent off our last batch of updated documents to be apostilled. What a relief to have them all done! I was confident that they were all notarized correctly and that we would get them all back apostilled.
This morning I awoke from a bad dream, I dreamt I was sending off our documents to be apostilled. They were sealed and on their way when I suddenly realized that I had forgotten to send a check with the documents! I awoke with a start only to realize that my dream was reality! I really did forget to send a check with the documents and boy am I mad! So, unless I can sweet talk the ladies up in Tallahassee on Monday to not send our paperwork back and allow me to overnight them a check, then it will be the third time in a row that we get our documents back with out apostilles. That's about $77 total in money that went right down the drain! GRRRRRRRR! I'm Grumpy!

2 Comments:

At 8:50 AM , Blogger Deb said...

Oh no! I'll be praying that they're willing to help. Surely they will. Can you send the check today and tell them they will have it on Monday as well just in 2 packages???

 
At 2:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying now even as I type... Debbie's idea is a good one , I think. My husband has the greatest saying for moments like this, "Not a surprise to God". God will either use it to show up and allow you to find favor and give Him the glory or He is using it to bring about something else we're all clueless about. But we do know that HE is at work on this adoption (behind the scenes, you might say) and His plan is good... it's the best one. He is not surprised by this latest turn of events in the least bit! He uses our weaknesses and mistakes all the time.... just weaves it in to what He wants to accomplish! Gave me something else to fervently pray about this morning, so that is a good thing. :)
Hey, let me know when you're having another garage sale to help with the adoption. I've got some goodies to contribute and I want to motivate my husband to clean the garage!!! ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home