orangewrapper

Penny & Chris Goeppner are in the process of adopting two children from Russia.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Better News

I sent an e-mail to my FC today to let her know that our apostilled docs did arrive in Kras today-YAY! I also asked her if she had any news on Putin dissolving the government. Here is her reply:
"I talked with Kate and she said that the dissolving was not of the whole
government, just people within Putin's cabinet. He let them go so that
he can have better freedom with the upcoming elections. The Parliament
is still intact and it is not becoming a dictatorship. I know that it
can seem alarming, but we do not think it will effect adoptions. It's
just how the Russian government works. We will let you know if we
receive any more information."
Encouraging news but please continue to pray.

4 Comments:

At 1:39 PM , Blogger Becky and Keith said...

So glad everything arrived safely! I scoured the internet and finally found an article from the India Times that was able to explain things to me in a non-gov't way. Basically, the head of the parliament resigned and now Putin needs to replace him and he'll most likely replace him with the person he wants to be his successor in the 2008 Presidential elections. Amazing the difference in headlines! We'll definitely continue to pray. There are so many unknowns!

 
At 9:31 PM , Blogger Becky and Keith said...

Me again! Apparently the India Times left out a bit of info. Check out Virginia's blog for the whole story. The head of the MOE stepped down so this could affect something adoption related. :-(

http://russia.adoptionblogs.com/index.php/weblogs/russian-government-resigns

 
At 1:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

aunt pat says we are praying you will get those kids quick

 
At 6:02 PM , Blogger Suz said...

Penny, I just have a feeling it's coming soon for you! I get chill bumps just thinking about. I'm praying for y'all!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home