orangewrapper

Penny & Chris Goeppner are in the process of adopting two children from Russia.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

It's The Final Countdown!

You know that song? It's been in my head for the past couple of days. But it really is! We are leaving for Russia in 48 hours!
Tomorrow I will do a final cleaning of the house and we will pack the rest of our stuff. We are spending the night at Chris' parents house so they can take us to the airport in the morning. I know this sounds cliche but this is all VERY surreal. I feel like it's a dream that I'm going to wake up from. Will somebody pinch me!=) I'm getting a little anxious, especially with all of the packing concerns but I don't think I'll be giddy with excitement until we are on the plane to Moscow. I am not excited about the Aeroflot flight to Kras though. What a nightmare that will be! Lord help me!
I must admit that I am going to miss our dog terribly! Isn't he cute? He has been our only "baby" for 7 years now and I love him so much. I know Chris' mom is going to take good care of him but a month is a long time to be away from him. Can I ask you to pray for me? Pray for Chris' mom and dad too. Not only will they have our dog but when Bethany and Dave leave to meet us in Kras, they'll have their dog and 3 kids too! Pray for God's blessing and protection on all of them please!
Today was such a blessing at church. Our church family showered us with well wishes, love and prayers. They are all genuinely excited for us to bring our boys home. After all, they've been praying for them and us for the past 2 1/2 years! We even have a pretty big group meeting us at the airport when we get home with the boys. I just can't wait for everyone to meet them! We are actually going to have a Welcome Home party for the boys in April so everyone can meet them and celebrate their homecoming with us. We are so blessed to have such loving and supportive family and friends! All of my bloggy friends are welcome to come as well! It would be a good excuse to come to South Florida and soak up some beautiful sunny weather!;) Thank you all for your prayers, advice, love and support. It really means more than you'll ever know to us. Please keep praying for us while we are over there. Our court date is sometime probably in the morning on the 19th so if you are EST you'll be praying 12 hours back which would be sometime at night for you on the 18th. Does that make sense?
We will do our best to keep you updated on the blog. It all depends on internet service.
One more thing, I've decided not to go private with the blog. I spoke to Chris about it and he plans to post pictures on his blog so there's no reason for this blog to go private then. I got tons of responses from you all wanting to continue reading our story. Thanks so much for your interest and support. If ever we do decide to go private, I've got all of your emails.
Well this is it! Next time you hear from us, we'll be in Moscow awaiting our medicals. Whoopee, I can't wait!;) Pray, pray , pray!

10 Comments:

At 6:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So exciting. Pray all goes well and you blink and you're home - mission accomplished!

Markay

 
At 8:50 PM , Blogger Becky and Keith said...

Happy Travels!!! How exciting! We'll definitely have all of you in our prayers and yes - that is one cute dog!

 
At 8:37 AM , Blogger Stacy said...

Hi! We're so excited for you all! We expect to be going for our Court Date sometime in April, so we know exactly how you all are feeling. If you have a chance, and if you are able, our little guy is named Stepan and they call him Stopy: he has red hair and big blue eyes and big cheeks that you just want to kiss, and he'll be 21 months on Friday: please tell him that his mama and papa love him and can't wait to see him again. You probably won't see him, but I thought I'd ask!

WE'll be praying for you over the coming weeks with all of your travel and adjustments to be made. You'll be terrific!

God bless and godspeed!

Pat and Stacy Harrison
stacyh13@msn.com

 
At 9:30 AM , Blogger 6blessings said...

I'm praying and I'm so very excited for you.

 
At 3:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy every moment! Give us all the April date as soon as you know so we can save it!
We'll be praying for the Geoppners! That sounds like a full house, but Bethany's kids are so good! Aren't the dogs related too?? My guess is that they will spend time brushing up on their Wii skills so they can beat all four of you when you return! :)

 
At 5:03 PM , Blogger Lyndsey said...

Yay Yay Yay! I can't wait!

 
At 8:40 PM , Blogger Deb said...

I'll keep the family (including puppy) in my prayers.

Hope you're able to post while you're there. At least after court so we can rejoice with you.
Have a great flight!

 
At 11:23 PM , Blogger Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Have a great trip! I hope your flight goes well and that you are able to both relax and get excited that the time has finally come to get your boys! :)

 
At 4:26 AM , Blogger Shane & Marie said...

I'm so excited for you. You will be reunited with your boys before you know it. I wish you the best and safe travels. I can't wait to hear all about it.

 
At 4:30 PM , Blogger Suz said...

I prayed for y'all first thing this morning and you have been on my mind all day.

Have a safe and wonderful trip!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home