orangewrapper

Penny & Chris Goeppner are in the process of adopting two children from Russia.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Bummed Out!

After weeks of anticipating "the call" of an upcoming court date, I am sure now that it will not come as soon as I had expected. Remember that post I wrote about expectations a while back? I need to practice what I preach! I should have known better, keep your expectations low. I have and continue to expect great things from God but I think my expectations were on people and that is never good.
Anyway, I found out last night after our agency had closed for the weekend that 2 more documents are needed before we can receive a court date. The most frustrating thing is that I have no control over getting these documents completed as they need to be gathered by our home study agency. What's more is that one of them actually needs to come from the state and all of us in the "adoption wait" knows how long that can take! Monday is a holiday so no work happening then and when I do get the documents, they still need to be apostilled! So a February court date is pretty much out of the question at this point and we will not be able to celebrate our oldest son's 4th birthday with him as we had hoped. I'm incredibly frustrated right now. I know it's all in God's timing and that He is in control but knowing that doesn't make the wait easier. Almost 2 1/2 years ago we started this adoption and we are STILL waiting!! Please pray for me, I'm in a bad place right now. Thanks.

7 Comments:

At 10:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

your post brought tears to my eyes. i can't imagine your frustration right now. we are praying that God would give you extra grace to get thru this tough time.

 
At 11:34 PM , Blogger Michael, Carrie, and S said...

I'm so sorry to hear that things are so frustrating right now. It always seem like they want more documents, just when you think everything is done and they don't need anything else! I will pray that your agency and the state will work quickly to get you documents to you and that they can be apostilled quickly as well! Hang in there.

 
At 9:32 AM , Blogger Deb said...

I'm praying. Sorry for the disappointment and delay. Is it not possible at all to get a court date in Feb?

I'm praying for a miracle and for both of you to find some kind of peace while you wait.

 
At 11:58 AM , Blogger Kushmama said...

we've been praying this morning....still trusting God for things out of our control - so hard. can't wait to see you two tomorrow and love on you.

 
At 8:07 PM , Blogger JennStar said...

I am so sorry that there's another delay for you guys. But know that you WILL be reunited with your boys very soon, and while you may not have them home in time for the big man's 4th birthday, it's just a day- what's most important is the work that God is doing in you right now (and I say this to be an encouragement- I'm sure that if I were in your shoes, which I hopefully will be several months down the road, I'd be quite bummed too, because I'd know my child(ren) by face, and not just by faith and hope of who they are- I'm praying that God will find purpose in bringing about a speedy court date and no hiccups along the rest of your path). (((Hugs)))

 
At 1:34 PM , Blogger mommyto5 said...

I am so sorry, I feel your pain and frustration, prayers you get these docs quickly. We all to well know how God's plans and timing is hard to accept sometimes(((hugs)))and God Bless!

 
At 7:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life. - Proverbs 13:12

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home