orangewrapper

Penny & Chris Goeppner are in the process of adopting two children from Russia.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Update

Still no news of a court date but there is some good news. First, our region is no longer requiring us to have a CPS letter submitted. This is great news as it was near impossible to get! Second, families from our agency and region that traveled before us are steadily getting their court dates. One just got her court date yesterday! I'm hoping this means that we're next because there is only one other family that traveled before us in the month of October and then our dear friends the Swingles traveled with us. I'm nervous that there is some document in my required list that has expired or I have over looked. The update from our FC also said that families will only receive their court dates if all of their needed paperwork is submitted so I'm freakin' out a bit! I hope to talk to my FC today to make sure that we're all set.
One more update, we are planning on making this blog private after we get the news of a court date. In fact that will be our last public post. If you would like to continue to keep following our story, please drop me an e-mail.
Thank you all for your continued prayers.

6 Comments:

At 9:40 AM , Blogger Deb said...

How exciting. I'm really praying you get your court date this month. There's still plenty of time for that. So glad to hear other families are receiving their court dates. Your tots are almost home.

 
At 7:26 AM , Blogger Journey of Faith said...

Hey Guys,
I'm reading your blog, in total agreement, feeling that nigling fear that something may not be right, and God brings to mind this- He has given us perfect love(as far as humanly possible) for our sons. His love for our sons and for us is perfect, too, right? So, perfect love casts out all fear!! Therefore, we need not fear, it is all in God's hands.

Praying for peace for us all as we begin to feel the excitement build- we're almost to the top of the highest hill yet on this adoption roller coaster. Aren't you glad God is the harness holding you in with His loving arms as we ride this amazing ride?
Can't wait to travel with you again!!
Deb

 
At 1:32 PM , Blogger JennStar said...

That's exciting to see that there is movement in your region. Any day now, any day now!!!
I would love to be able to view your blog once you turn it private (I just searched my address book and you aren't in it!, so if you can email me back through this comment, I'll send mine to you if you don't have it).

 
At 8:00 PM , Blogger Chris Goeppner said...

Hey Jenn,
I'm glad you'll continue to follow our story. Click the "e-mail us" button on our blog page for our address.
I hope to hear news of a referral from you guys soon!=)
Blessings,
Penny

 
At 10:22 PM , Blogger Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Great news Penny! I hope you hear that you have a court date very soon, so you can bring your boys home!! :) I would love to be able to continue to follow your blog. My email is coneal414@yahoo.com.

We'll continue to keep you all in our prayers!

 
At 10:59 AM , Blogger Suz said...

The anticipation is really building! I can't wait to hear that wonderful news. I pray, too, that all your paperwork is in order. Just double check, ask your FC and pray - that's all you can do.

Praying you hear SOON!

I sent you an e-mail :O)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home