orangewrapper

Penny & Chris Goeppner are in the process of adopting two children from Russia.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Follow Up

Okay, Chris is taking a "nap" but I think he's down for the night. I just took a shower and it's given me a little bit of energy so I thought I'd burn it off with this post.=) We are very exhausted. We've been up for 24 hrs with small naps in between. One can't really get solid sleep on an airplane, even with exit row seats. It's 4:20 here now. We had "dinner" an hour ago at the hotel, very pricey but good. I'm not brave enough to venture out into the city and try and find a restaurant that makes good food but is also cheap. My Russian is not that good.;)
Our medicals are tomorrow at 2:30, sorry I didn't make that clear in our last post. We actually don't leave until Saturday night. I think we're going to try and get a tour on Friday.
Our driver is the sweetest man but he and every other Moscovite drives like a mad man! There are no driving rules in Moscow it seems. I do see the occasional light but for the most part it seems like a free for all. It's so scary driving on those streets! People make up their own lanes, they park literally wherever they want to as long as there is a wide enough space for 1 car to fit through and everyone rides each other's bumper. The roads are horrible too. I though Palm Beach County's roadway were bad, huh, not even close! I could go swimming in these potholes!;) Somehow they avoid accidents though so I guess it's all good.
Wow, I am really coming down from my energy burst. I think it's time for my nap!=)
Another quick story and I'm hitting the hay. When we arrived in Moscow we quickly made our way through customs and waited at the baggage claim for our luggage to come out. Well everyone's bag was coming out but ours and a few others. Then another spurt came of new bags and 2 out of 3 of our bags came out and then the coveyor belt stopped. Uh oh, I thought, we're down a bag but Chris ran down to the end of the belt and sure enough, our 3rd bag was the last bag out! Thank you Jesus!
Night Night!

6 Comments:

At 9:14 AM , Blogger Lori said...

gLAD TO HEAR YOU MADE IT SAFELY! gET SOME SLEEP!

 
At 11:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're so glad you are there safe and sound! We'll keep following your "progress" over there :) I think we'll both be bringing home little boys around the same time! Too exciting. Love you -Kelli

 
At 12:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

miss you and i'm way too excited to get any sleep. i'm living in two time zones :) thanks for keeping us so well informed. i'll be thinking of you in the very early morning as you do the medicals. God's blessings on you both! Love, nancy

 
At 1:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad all your bags came through! We're praying that everything goes off without a hitch! You are just DAYS from having your boys with you!!! How thrilling!!!
jody

 
At 11:09 PM , Blogger Chris said...

Glad you arrived safe!

Don't be afraid to wear your seat belt there. We saw an accident that was so bad in Moscow that the car that was hit was flipped over onto its roof. Our translator told us that accidents are common in Moscow.

We look forward to following your journey!

Best wishes!

 
At 6:04 AM , Blogger The Wilson's said...

Moscow is a little scary to me too. I hope you all get some rest. I cannot wait to hear about Kras!

Wendy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home