orangewrapper

Penny & Chris Goeppner are in the process of adopting two children from Russia.

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Things I Hate

My sweet hubby wrote about the things he likes recently so I thought I'd do the opposite and write about the things I hate. So, in no specific order here they are:



Coffee! I like the smell of it but the taste makes me want to hurl!



Ceiling fans! I hate direct wind blowing on me and I hate to be cold!




Roaches! Really, who likes these disgusting creatures? I think I'm kinda phobic though!




Nuts! They ruin everything!!




Waiting!! Yes, we are still waiting! I Hate Waiting!!!

2 Comments:

At 12:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, except for the nuts... love 'em on sundaes, in chocolate, in banana bread and all alone! Waiting is on my list too! The "be still" has always been a challenge for me. I read this the other day on another site I follow and it helped me with the whole "waiting" concept. I had heard this before, but this time it hit me differently for some reason. Here it is:

In 1899, Arthur T. Pierson wrote a memoir on the life of George Müller entitled, George Müller of Bristol and His Witness to a Prayer Hearing God. In his biography about this man of conviction and compassion, Pierson parallels Müller’s surrender to God’s will to that of the Israelites who, in Exodus Chapter 13, followed the pillar of cloud by day and the pillar of fire at night. Pierson reveals that in the margin of Müller’s Bible next to Psalm 37: 23, “The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord,” he had written, “Yes, and the stops, too!” George Müller recognized God’s divine leadership over his forward progress and understood God’s position in every delay.

We're praying for you guys!

 
At 7:53 AM , Blogger 6blessings said...

I can't stand coffee either, but I also hate even the smell of it. I do, however, LOVE nuts- almost any kind! I hope your wait is over very soon!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home