orangewrapper

Penny & Chris Goeppner are in the process of adopting two children from Russia.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Guess What?

Did you guess we have referrals? If so you are only half right!
Here's what happened, Tuesday evening at 5:15 we got the referrals. This morning we had our phone appointment with an IA Doctor. We decided to wait to tell everyone about the referrals until we got our travel dates since we went down that road already and didn't want to disappoint everyone again. Well, we didn't have to wait long because at around 3pm today I got a rather amazing and very unexpected phone call... we have travel dates!!!! We are going to Russia baby!!! Woo Hoo!! And it's about time! We leave October 27th! Unbelievable! We even get to go with another family from our agency!
You want another surprise? You do? Well here it is, our referrals are for 2 boys! Totally unexpected but cool nonetheless. A 3 3/4 yr old and a 1 year old! We'll call them M and S for now.
My life is crazy right now! There is so much to be done!
God is so good and His timing and His ways are perfect. All praise and honor and glory to my Lord Jesus Christ!

18 Comments:

At 8:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you both!!! Praise God!! We will keep up the prayers!!

 
At 8:56 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Woo hoo!!! It's long past time and I'm so happy for you! It's your turn. Have a great time. Take a million photos. And lots of video. If there's anything I can do...

 
At 9:00 PM , Blogger Chris said...

Awesome! We are very happy for you! You'll be very busy the next couple of weeks. Praise the Lord, God Almighty!

 
At 9:09 PM , Blogger Becky and Keith said...

I am so happy to see good news!!! Not just good news, but PHENOMINAL news!!! Take lots of good notes because hopefully I'll need them some day! Yahhoooo!!! God is GOOD!

 
At 9:18 PM , Blogger Julie and Matt said...

Praise God! this is great news! Gotta love boys!

Quick! the 27th we'll be here fast!

 
At 10:29 PM , Blogger Deb said...

AHHHH!!!!!! I am so excited for you. Congratz!!! And you leave so soon. Praise God!! So happy for you guys.

 
At 11:24 PM , Blogger Michael, Carrie, and S said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is awesome news! It sounds like everything is happening so quickly, and you will be meeting your kids so soon! I'm so happy for you all! :)

 
At 11:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am crying right now, seriously! I can't imagine the flood of emotions you must be experiencing! We are praying praying praying for all to go smoothly! SOOOOO happy happy happy for you guys!! WOOHOO!! Russia here you come! YES!!!

 
At 7:25 AM , Blogger Shane & Marie said...

I am so excited for you. That is wonderful. The week will pass by quickly and I know there is a lot to be done. Congrats!

 
At 8:14 AM , Blogger Robin said...

What wonderful news! Take a deep breath and really enjoy this news....then get packing!!!

 
At 8:20 AM , Blogger Dede said...

That is awesome news! Congrats!!

 
At 8:45 AM , Blogger Deb said...

Making sure i didn't dream this!! LOL

2 BOYS! Wow! You're gonna be very out numbered.

 
At 11:12 PM , Blogger 6blessings said...

Oh my goodness! Wow!! I'm so absolutely excited for you! Boys are absolutely precious! They steal a momma's heart! Your dates aren't far away, in fact, extremely close! I'm so happy for you! Super congratulations and I'll join you in praising our awesome Lord!

 
At 12:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any specific prayer requests for this next week or so?

 
At 12:07 PM , Blogger Esther said...

Oh this gives me goosebumps and tears in my eyes!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations!

Adopting siblings is really neat. We are having a blast with ours ;o)

 
At 9:51 AM , Blogger Sig said...

OMG!!! I am so happy for you!!!!! Oh this is the best news of the week! COngrats!

 
At 1:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are so incredibly thrilled for you guys!!! What a wonderful gift from God these babies are...and they couldn't be in a more precious family! We love you both and rejoice with you!!!

 
At 7:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOLY COW!!!! I am absolutely thrilled for you guys!!! Boys are awesome!!! (I have 2 of them, too!) and it is something truly wonderful to see "brotherhood" happeneing before your very eyes!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home