orangewrapper

Penny & Chris Goeppner are in the process of adopting two children from Russia.

Friday, June 01, 2007

Anticipation

Can you believe it's June already? Well I can't. We started this adoption 2 years ago in August and I can't believe we are STILL waiting for referrals. Our dossier has been in our region for over a year now. All of you who are currently waiting for your referrals, travel and court dates, are you as emotionally exhausted as I am? Do you feel like this is all some sort of dream and you're not really adopting but wouldn't it be neat if you could? I'm so drained right now.
A couple of months ago as I was praying that God would give our agency accreditation and send us referrals, I was also staring at a calendar on the wall and my eyes went to June and I felt the Lord telling me that something would happen in June. So, here we are and I am anticipating something ( hopefully huge) to happen.
I am encouraged and happy for the families that are receiving referrals and travel dates though. It's comforting to know that there is still some movement in Russia. Still I wonder "why can't we all move forward with our adoptions?", "why only a few and why them and not us?". Let me be clear that I am elated for the families that are moving forward I just wonder these things sometimes and I don't think I'm alone in this. It is, I know, God's timing but I'm tired of waiting. Hopefully all of us adopting won't have to wait much longer. I'm still praying, still hoping, still believing that one day we'll be parents of 2 children from Russia.

7 Comments:

At 9:24 AM , Blogger Deb said...

I feel exactly the same way.

I'll be praying with you that something big happens in June.

 
At 10:55 AM , Blogger mommyto5 said...

Prayers that your dreams come true soon.

 
At 2:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying things will move forward quickly. Melody still asks about you and if you have your children yet...she is praying too. We will be praying with expectation this month too! The moment you hold those children, all of these "labor pains" will fade into the background. Keep believing.
Thanks for your honesty. We are praying that this last leg of the adoption FLIES and that you have some fun things to distract you along the way!
Love you,
Jody

 
At 5:40 PM , Blogger Esther said...

I hear ya! I have no clue why these things work out so easily & fluidly for some, and with such pain, agony, and hardship for the rest of us. Sheesh. When you figure it all out, please let me know why, OK? Thanks. That would be a big help.

I"m am always thankful for my children. Don't get me wrong. However, I've wanted to adopt since I was in highschool, and I am infertile. I can't just go get pregnant seeing as I have NO uterus. There are children out there who need a home, and we love children. My husband comes from a home with two adopted siblings. We have always been advocates for adoption. My husband proposed to me and I said "yes". Next thing I told him was "I want to adopt. I'm not a bait & switch sort of gal". I wanted that on the table immediately because I wanted to marry a man who would adopt with me. My husband, then new fiance, was a bit taken aback that I brought this us then. We didn't even know if we were infertile. We hadn't even had sex or talked about birth control. To me that wasn't the issue. I wanted to adopt and give children a home that need one.

I still feel the same and will until the day I die.

Keep up the faith too!!!!!

 
At 6:50 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

I know exactly how you feel. Some days it is just too much.

I didn't realize you and I have been in this for almost exactly the same amount of time.

For some reason, I too have had the feeling for some time that June is it. We'll soon know.

And I'll keep praying.

 
At 5:31 PM , Blogger 6blessings said...

You will be incredible parents to two Russian children! Keep the faith! I'm sorry it's so long! I can't even imagine! God is faithful!

 
At 11:55 AM , Blogger Suz said...

I am exactly where you are - well almost.

I've been in a low place for the last month or so (as you can tell by lack of blog posts??) there have been so many moments of almost wanting to give up.

We can't though, our children wait for us.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home