orangewrapper

Penny & Chris Goeppner are in the process of adopting two children from Russia.

Friday, March 23, 2007

Underrated Candy


Today is a beautiful day in Lakeland , Florida. We took 9 students from Chris' youth ministry to pre-view days at Southeastern University. It is a beautiful campus. The president is awesome, he is completely dedicated to the students here and is a very godly man. We got to go to chapel last night and the choir was amazing! There was about 18 people singing and 8 musicians. I felt like I was at a Kirk Franklin concert!=) The kids are having a great time and it's a great experience for them as most of them were unaware that Christian Universities even existed. Being here really makes me wish I could go back to college. Yeah, I can't believe it either! Crazy!!
Anyway, back to the title of the post. On our way up here, we stopped at Cracker Barrel and I bought some old school candy. They have candy there that I haven't seen since I was a kid and penny candy stores still existed. Horehound, penny sticks, Skybars and they have an extensive new candy selection as well. I bought a Bit O' Honey bar. Can I just say that I think this particular candy may just be the most underrated candy in existence. I love this candy!!! If you are timid to try it because you think it tastes like honey, you are mistaken. It has a peanuty, caramely flavor and the consistency is that of taffy. Mary Janes are a close second but they have more of a maple flavor. There are some underrated candies out there. Which do you think doesn't get the props it deserves?

3 Comments:

At 4:18 PM , Blogger Deb said...

I always loved the Bottle Caps.
Glad you enjoyed the trip, sounds like fun.

 
At 8:02 PM , Blogger 6blessings said...

Happy Birthday to your little guy! Next year will be fun!

Glad you enjoyed "heading back to college". The older I get, the younger all of the college students look! I used to enjoy going back, but lately, it just makes me feel old. :-)

 
At 10:08 PM , Blogger Esther said...

Seriously that candy is good? We used to joke about it because the name sounded so dorky! We'll have to give it a try.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home