orangewrapper

Penny & Chris Goeppner are in the process of adopting two children from Russia.

Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Best Apple Pie Ever!


Okay, nothing to report relating to our adoption. We're still WAITING!!!! So, I thought I'd post on a recipe I just learned to make. Let me just fill you in on my cooking/baking skills, they are non-existent. I can order food with the best of them though! My mom is an amazing cook and is actually a chef. My sister is also a wonderful cook but I got none of those "I love to cook and I'm good at it" genes. Cooking is actually more painful for me than menstrual cramps. Get it... I hate to cook. Anyway, a friend of the family (Debbie) is in my humble opinion, one of the best bakers I know. Her apple pie is out of this world, the best I've ever had. Sorry Mom! Debbie came over my sister-in-law's house last week and taught her and I how to bake the infamous pie. The first attempt at making the crust failed miserably but we did better the second time around. The pies turned out great, tasted just like Debbie's. So, tonight we have New-Comer's night for our church and I thought I'd try out my new pie-baking skills. I just pulled the pie out of the oven and it looks fabulous and smells even better. I kind of want to be selfish and eat the whole thing myself, but of course I won't.=) I actually enjoyed making the pie, it was so easy. By the way, its got the crumb topping not the lattice. I love the crumb topping, it's sooooo good! If it wasn't about 200 degrees right now, I'd be tempted to eat a slice.=)
Anyway, that's what's going on in my world. I think we might go to the beach tomorrow, maybe bring some left-over apple pie!

3 Comments:

At 8:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mouth is watering!! I emailed her for the recipe! I hope it was the right Debbie!
We're still praying for your agency's reaccreditation to happen SOON!
Love,
Jody

 
At 10:02 AM , Blogger 6blessings said...

The pie sounds great! Crumb topping would be easier than lattice and probably much yummier too!

 
At 9:50 PM , Blogger Suz said...

Umm, yumm it does look delicious!

Is it a secret recipe or can you share???

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home