orangewrapper

Penny & Chris Goeppner are in the process of adopting two children from Russia.

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Hello All


I know it's been a while since my last post but not very much is happening here. Our agency's update this week pretty much said the same thing as Lisa's post but you can click here if you want to read ours. It is encouraging news and I am praying desperately for our reaccreditations to come this month.
I am continuing my Russian lessons with Natasha, she taught the classes I took a few months ago. Only now I'm being tutored by her once a week. She wasn't able to offer an intermediate class so I asked if she would be able to tutor me. It's really starting to get hard. All this verb conjugating is really hard stuff. It's fun though and I know it'll be helpful once we finally go to Russia.
Chris has to have knee surgery next month to repair his torn ACL. It's been torn for a long while now but he is just recently been in too much pain to go on without the surgery. We've been holding off for the adoption but we just can't any longer. He'll be unable to walk for 2 weeks and on crutches for 4 weeks. Please pray for me too!!!=)
My old family coordinator who left our agency to pursue her dream of ministering to children in russian orphanages has hooked me and my family up with pen pals. She is an awesome girl and I wish that I had been able to go over there to love on the kids in those orphanages. Anyway, my pen pal's name in Nastya and she's 11. That's her in the picture. Isn't she cute? I wish I could take her home with me too. I sent her one letter already and Sara said she was so happy to receive it. I'm sending her another one soon with some small gifts. My sister-in-law and her 3 kids and my mother-in-law also have pen pals now and are sending letters soon. If any of you are interested in getting a pen pal, let me know. Sara said there are so many children waiting and not enough people willing. These are older children too, the ones with little to no chance of ever being adopted. Sara is trying to create a life skills book for them so that when they are released from their orphanages, they'll be more prepared. She's hoping to be able to include skills like how to cut hair and repair cars and such. I know it's a huge task but if anyone will do it, she will. I am so blessed by her love and passion for those kids.

4 Comments:

At 8:49 AM , Blogger mommyto5 said...

I believe that is such encouraging news about reaccreditaion , praying it somes asap!

 
At 9:22 AM , Blogger Eating Cheetos said...

I found your blog through other Russian adoption blogs. I personally am not in the process of adoption (yet), but the Lord has definitely spoken to my heart specifically regarding Russian orphans. My husband and I are actually going to Russia at the end of August through the beginning of September to help work at an orphanage. I hope for it to be the first of many trips. All that to say, I would love to get more information from you on pen pal(s). I think it is a wonderful way to bridge the distance and to share with those children the promise of God’s great love.

 
At 12:09 AM , Blogger 6blessings said...

Natasha is precious. That's a great idea. Hope accreditation is just around the corner. I'm still praying.

 
At 6:16 PM , Blogger Hawk said...

Hey, I would love any information about Russian Pen-pals! I think that's a great idea!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home