orangewrapper

Penny & Chris Goeppner are in the process of adopting two children from Russia.

Friday, February 23, 2007

Russian Class-Week 4

Well, I'm halfway through the class. Last night we began conversational Russian although we didn't get any further than "how are you?" and "what's your name?". Both phrases I already knew but once again, it's helpful to hear the correct pronunciation. I really would love to take a more advanced class though and I'm hoping Natasha will offer one. I'm believing we'll be traveling next month so I think I'm going to ask her if we can get together for a tutoring lesson so I can learn some key phrases. At least I am learning to read Russian better. The workbook has handwriting lessons in it and it's been fun learning the different ways to write Russian. Russian handwriting looks alot different than print. Next week we will be tested, I'm looking forward to it as I enjoy a challenge. We will be writing the correct Russian spelling of words. At least when I go to Russia I will be able to read signs and such even if I don't understand what they mean.=)

4 Comments:

At 5:11 PM , Blogger Chris Goeppner said...

im so proud of you sweetie! i wish i could pick up languages like you. heck, i cant even get english right!

 
At 10:41 AM , Blogger Esther said...

Hey I'm a dork! I had no idea you guys were adopting and had this blog. And I didn't know you guys know my super close friend Lisa, who was going to adopt from Kras until this last week. Hmm,you'd think I just fell off the turnip truck ;o)

How fun is this? Well, I've been to Russia to adopt our little girl who couldn't come home (as you probably figured out from my blog). So feel free to write any questions about Russian travel and Russian adoption. We actually had two Russian adoptions. Our agency never finished the second one. We walked away. Had enough.

Well, Very Cool blog you've got over here ;o) I like you guys even more.

Hey, ps..Beth Moore sent me an email yesterday! WooHoo!

 
At 11:40 AM , Blogger Deb said...

I hope you are able to attend an advanced class. One thing I realized yesterday was that I need to learn more child related Russian. I'm not really going to ask my child if he understands Russian (which is about all I have learned so far).
We received info on a Language program that is geared for adoption. The site is
http://worknotes.com/AZ/adoptingfromrussia/kelleher/

I'm really considering purchasing this one.

 
At 10:46 AM , Blogger 6blessings said...

I think it's great that you've taken this class. I'm sure it will make more difference than you realize.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home