orangewrapper

Penny & Chris Goeppner are in the process of adopting two children from Russia.

Friday, March 20, 2009

Potty Training Update

I really appreciate all of your comments on my last post about potty training Jadon. I know it's just something that'll happen on it's own. I just wanted to make sure I was doing all I could to encourage him and help him. The past 3 days, he has had a dry diaper all day. I am so encouraged! I have to take him to the potty several times a day because he rarely tells me he needs to go and he still poops in his diaper so he's wearing diapers until he's ready to go in the potty. I have been considering pull-ups lately because I think they would be easy for him to pull up and down when he needs to go. I'm on the fence though because I don't want him to think he's wearing underwear and it's okay to poop in them. What are your thoughts on pull-ups? Do you think they help or hinder the potty training process?

2 Comments:

At 10:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only downside I've seen w/pull-ups is they are a little more expensive if he's still going through a lot each day. But like you said it is easier for you and him to pull them down. Plus if you get the ones w/the little pictures on them, they get excited to see if they can leave the pictures on the front(if they pee, the pictures disappear). good luck
Nicole

 
At 11:04 AM , Blogger www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

I've been using pull ups, but I'm thinking Aidan is getting used to the idea that it's okay if he goes in them. So, this weekend I'm going to put him in big boy underpants and, using a timer, put him on the potty every half hour. I'll let you know how it works!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home