orangewrapper

Penny & Chris Goeppner are in the process of adopting two children from Russia.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

365 days or so ago today....

....we landed on American soil with our sons! They became US citizens the moment we touched down in GA but walking through the gates with them at the Miami airport was one of the best feelings in the world. We had about 30 friends and family waiting for us with signs and cheers, it was amazing! We were elated to be home. I can hardly believe it was a year ago! We are so happy to be a forever family.

3 Comments:

At 6:04 PM , Blogger True Story said...

I have been following your blog for a while.. I remember when we were just starting our process and we watched the video of you in Russia. My husband and I both agreed that you both looked VERY stressed (although i can see it was worth every minute: )
Now as we wait (not so patiently) for a court date I am really identifying with the couple in the video
Blessings!
Sandy

 
At 12:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome!!!

I still can't believe that our son Joey has been home since December. The time flies by however it feels like he's always been here....What was life with out him? It feels so long ago that we were Freezing our buns off in Krasnoyarsk!!! I'm sure you feel the same.

Lita

 
At 8:56 AM , Blogger www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Congratulations! Funny. . .we missed you all by a week! We left for Moscow on Trip 2 on March 18th! I don't know about you, but I'm glad we're all home safe and sound where we belong. . .

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home