orangewrapper

Penny & Chris Goeppner are in the process of adopting two children from Russia.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

One year ago today...

...the judge said "Da"! I can't believe it's been almost a year since we've been home from Russia! I can still remember the smells, the extreme heat of the buildings and cars and the extreme cold of the outdoors. I remember walking the streets of Kras while the falling snow stuck to our eyelashes, admiring the beautiful ice sculptures, waiting for what seemed like an eternity in our hotel room to finally pick up our sons. I wonder how long those memories will remain fresh in my mind...
Next post will be about a certain little boy's birthday!;)

4 Comments:

At 2:09 PM , Blogger Deb said...

I hope they last a lifetime. Those are things I bet the boys would love to hear when they are much older and care about that stuff.

Happy 1 year. I can't believe it's been that long. Wow!
Are you doing anything to celebrate your Family Day with the boys?

 
At 1:40 PM , Blogger Shane & Marie said...

Congrats on the one year! Just like you, I hope these memories stay fresh. The good and bad. Can't wait to hear about a birthday!

 
At 4:36 PM , Blogger Chris Goeppner said...

Our Gotcha Day is next Saturday so I'm sure will celebrate with family over dinner.;)

 
At 7:45 PM , Blogger sweetpeanme said...

Yay! Congratulations! How exciting...its so great that you have a blog so that if you forget a little something, you can read about it!
Enjoy your dinner! :o)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home