orangewrapper

Penny & Chris Goeppner are in the process of adopting two children from Russia.

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Amazing Race in Kras

Okay, so I just finished watching the Amazing Race. They traveled from Romania to Moscow on different airlines but when it came to traveling to Kras, they all ended up on the one flight that flies into the city daily, arriving at dark and early. Been there, done that!;) But, if I wasn't told they were in Kras, I really wouldn't have known it. When we were there, it was Feb/Mar and very cold and snowy so we did not travel or explore much at all. I had no idea they had a bobsled track there! I wish we could have ridden it! It seemed to be a little cold there but very little snow on the ground, definitely not the perma-frost we experienced.;) So, they stacked wood by the river, which we crossed almost every day and they showed the dam but we never saw it up close. They also made those cute traditional shutters for the houses so they were familiar. Really the only things I recognized were the airport and some of the downtown area as they drove in the taxis. I thought they would do more stuff downtown but it does continue in Siberia next week so maybe we'll see some more of Kras, although I think they are traveling to another city nearby. The best part was hearing how the contestants pronounced Krasnoyarsk!;)
What did you think?

2 Comments:

At 9:33 PM , Blogger Journey of Faith said...

I totally agree!! I remember trying to pronounce it the first time- without seeing the spelling- it can be quite a doozy- but now it is a part of me!!

Maybe they'll go to Sosnovoborsk- and we'll see the sights on our gotcha day!!! Can you believe it?? My, how time flies!! I still have your message on our machine from when you called from Kras to congratulate us on getting our "call."

Has it been a year since we've seen each other already?

 
At 10:34 AM , Blogger www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Boy, most of them did butcher Krasnoyarsk! Pretty much how we did. . .we went to that village with the Jergers, so it was really interesting to see it outside of our context. The bobsled was at the ski resort. . .The Music Hall at the end was actually the Opera House next door to the Hotel Kras. . .That was funny! I wish they had shown more of the city, though. Wouldn't it be cool if they were in Sosnovoborsk next week??

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home