orangewrapper

Penny & Chris Goeppner are in the process of adopting two children from Russia.

Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!

Here are some of my favorite moments of 2007:

December: Spending Christmas with Chris' family and getting some pretty special gifts. The locket is from my DSH, I put the pictures of our boys in it to wear close to my heart. The book is from my Mom for our boys, it's amazing! If you have boys, go and get it!! We also recieved some very generous donations towards our adoption. We are so thankful and humbled by the love and support we've been shown by so many.












November: Spending Thanksgiving with my family in NC. Both of my sisters were there with their families as well as my Aunt and Uncle. Here is a picture of Chris wearing a Russian looking hat at a general store in NC and my mom, sister, aunt and nephew are getting ready for a ride.



Also in November was our baby shower. We were so blessed!


October was a busy month! We got our referrals and traveled to Krasnoyarsk, Russia to meet our precious little boys! Sorry, no pics allowed of the kiddos but here's one of me in front of the orphanage and one of Chris and I in front of the Chapel on the hill.

While we were gone, my mother-in-law and sister-in-law painted and decorated our boy's room. What a huge blessing!! Check out the video on one of my earlier posts.

I can't think of anything exciting happening this past September so I'll skip to the summer.

August: We had our annual family vacation. This year we went to Lake Weir, we had a lot of fun. We also celebrated Bethany's birthday and Mamaw's (Chris' grandma) birthday. Her's a pic of Chris fishing with our nephew Ben.

I also was able to visit my sister and her family for my neice's first birthday! She is so cute!!


July: Our agency was reaccredited, praise the Lord!! This was a highlight of '07!

We also celebrated Chris' 35th birthday!

June: Chris and I took a trip to Epcot. We had a great time. I think it's our favorite theme park.


May: I got a pen-pal from Russia, her name is Nastya. Here's a pic with her and Sara, our first FC. I also learned how to make the best apple pie ever, from scratch!!















March: I turned 32, yikes!!!

February: I started taking Russian classes. I'm glad I did, I learned a lot of helpful phrases!

January: We celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary! I can't believe we're coming up on 9 years now!
The past year was pretty eventful. I'm hoping 08' will include us bringing our boys home and many wonderful times together as a family in the new year.

4 Comments:

At 9:37 AM , Blogger Lori said...

Good times...Here's to an even better '08.

 
At 9:34 PM , Blogger The Wilson's said...

I recently found your blog and look forward to hearing about your return trip to Krasnoyarsk in 2008. We recently returned from Abakan (just down the road from Kras) and look forward to our return trip too.

Here's to a great 2008!

Wendy

 
At 9:41 PM , Blogger 6blessings said...

Happy 2008!

 
At 6:25 PM , Blogger Michael, Carrie, and S said...

You all had a very eventful 2007, and with your boys coming home, 2008 will surely be amazing! Happy New Year!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home