orangewrapper

Penny & Chris Goeppner are in the process of adopting two children from Russia.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Update

Are you all decorated for Christmas yet? I just put up what measly decorations we have today. I've been boycotting a Christmas tree for the past few years now until our boys are home. No one sees it so why bother is my philosophy!=)
We just got the documents we were waiting for from our home study agency today. Unfortunately, one of the documents was not notarized correctly so we'll have to wait a bit longer to submit those. Once we get it, we'll send it with the other docs we have to be apostilled and then we'll be almost done with documents. The big one we're waiting on is the "petition to court" document. We are waiting on Russian officials to submit information before it can be sent to us. I guess it's taking a bit longer because we are adopting 2 children. There's a prayer request for ya! Please pray that the officials will be diligent and get this info in so we can receive this document. We cannot get a court date without it. Once we do get it, we'll go over all the info on it to make sure it's correct and we'll add our boys' adoptive names to it, sign it and send it back to Russia. It still looks like January at the earliest before we'll get a court date. We're praying we'll get one then anyway. With the holidays coming up, who knows! Russia will shut down for about 3 weeks during the holidays and we'll all be in limbo. Here's prayer request number 2, pray that the officials involved with processing our paperwork would do so in a timely manner and not burn out like most of us do when the holidays approach. Please also pray for the judge, that he/she will give us a court date sooner than later. We really, really want our boys home before February!
In other news, friends of mine from church are throwing me a baby shower Friday night. I'm excited but also feel somewhat guilty. It's kind of weird having a baby shower when the boys aren't home yet and we have no idea when they will be. I'm very thankful though. We don't have very much for them so lots is needed. I'll let you all know how it went.
Thank you all so much for all of your prayers and support, we appreciate it!

4 Comments:

At 8:11 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

Have fun at your shower! I politely refused to have one until I come home with the girls... just too much for me. So my friends want to do one mid-January after we've been home a couple of weeks. Sounds good. I'm SO looking forward to being HOME with my girls!

Your court date is coming... about when you decide you absolutely can't take it one more day! I don't think the wait between trips in Kras is supposed to be as long as Perm though, so maybe you won't wait as long as I did.

Prayers sent for your family!

 
At 5:07 PM , Blogger JennStar said...

Allow yourself to completely enjoy your shower!!! Being on both sides of the gift (giving and receiving) and throwing as many showers as I have, it's an excitement and giddyness that we, the giver and thrower, get when we can pass along such blessing to a new Mom! It can be overwhelming as the receiver, but know that this is another way that our Father is preparing your home and hearts for these 2 precious little boys!!
. . . .and we want to see pictures come Saturday morning!! hehehe

 
At 6:56 PM , Blogger Journey of Faith said...

I'm totally with you on the decorations, Penny! We put them up, wrapped all the presents and the room looks festive, but I stayed very simple- So we could get it cleaned up quickly for when we get called back for our court date- and I do mean OUR court date- so get ready to clean up quickly :)
Look out boys, here we come!!
Debbie

 
At 11:11 PM , Blogger The RockStar said...

The shower usually comes before the baby(ies) arrive ... No guilt. Praying everything goes smooth ... also that you get a court date soon ... I know how hard it is to get the paperwork together and get everything notorized, etc ... having a court date gives you something to focus on.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home