orangewrapper

Penny & Chris Goeppner are in the process of adopting two children from Russia.

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Not Much Happening

I know it's been a while since my last post but not much is going on. We're in another waiting period and that can be difficult at times. I'm doing pretty well at the moment though. The Lord has given me great peace about everything and for that I'm very thankful.
I spoke with our FC yesterday. She told me that AWAA has been swamped with referrals and court dates lately. That is great news! I love to see movement in Russia! I'm hoping our court date isn't too far behind. Chris and I are hoping that we are able to find out our court date before Russia shuts down for the holidays on the 29th. It would be so great to know our court date and be able to prepare for it at leisure instead of running around like chickens with our heads chopped off like last time! We have a shot of getting a court date at the end of January so that's what we're praying for.
In other news, I'm 99% done with my Christmas shopping. We're on a strict budget so it was a lot easier to buy for people this year. I can't wait until next Christmas when we can buy lots of toys and fun stuff for the boys!=)

8 Comments:

At 9:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll be praying for late January too!! Are you going to update the "Goeppner Adoption Financial Status" graphic? We're excited to see God provide as we've been praying for! You have so much to look forward to ~ we're excited for you!!!

 
At 10:56 PM , Blogger JennStar said...

I love to "hear" you say "the boys." Call me biased, but it's a joyful phrase that rolls of the tongue! hehehe!!!

 
At 11:32 AM , Blogger Journey of Faith said...

Praying for you guys, and for us- it would be so awesome to be able to travel together on both trips- you'd have no doubt it was a God thing then!!
I'm thanking God for the peace He's given you, and though you miss your sons- I pray that you and Chris would have the most beautiful, lovely, memorable Christmases this year, your last year as just the 2 of you- That you'd have time to really enjoy each other. (I'll claim that prayer, too :))

Praying for the CPS letter to come through, and translation to go so smooth and quickly that even the translators would be blessed!!

Debbie S

 
At 9:39 PM , Blogger mommyto5 said...

I know this wait can be so difficult. Prayers you hear of a court date very soon!

 
At 4:56 PM , Blogger junglemama said...

Hope you get some great news soon.

 
At 12:21 AM , Blogger Michael, Carrie, and S said...

This has to be the hardest time, since you've already meet your boys! I hope it does not take much longer! We're keeping you all in our prayers!

 
At 1:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're praying for news soon for you guys!! I am sure your thoughts are more on NEXT Christmas instead of this one. Let me encourage you to make this one ultra romantic! I truly wasted some of my time with Thom alone b/c I was so caught up in the future. If I had it to do again, I would enjoy those moments more, resting in the fact that the moment will come when we'll be enjoying the fun, wild, kid-filled days to come. Thankfully you guys have family there so you can keep up your weekly date nights... don't ever let those go!! Your date nights are the best gift you can give your kids, they just don't know it!

 
At 8:09 AM , Blogger Deb said...

I pray for you and your tater tots daily. I hope you hear of your court date soon. It would be so nice to have a couple of weeks to get it all done in.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home