orangewrapper

Penny & Chris Goeppner are in the process of adopting two children from Russia.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

It's Official!


We got our visas today and we're officially going to Russia!! Yee Haw! I can't wait to meet our little guys!
To answer some of Jody's questions, yes it does seem real, now that we have our visas!=) We are getting things together to be packed but have everything we need. My sister's gifts arrived the other day. She bought some jewelry, cds and a wallet from Target. Chris' mom picked up some chocolate, coffee and Florida tee-shirts for us today for part of our gifts to give. She loved having a "mission" for us. I would have done it myself except I've been holed up in our house the past 2 days waiting for these important Fed-ex packages.=) We aren't really sure what kinds of gifts to bring, most people (including us) just wing it and get a mixed bunch of goodies for gifts. It's really just the thought that counts to them. I'm not sure how many gifts we'll need so I brought a bunch of stuff and I'm not entirely sure as to who they are going to yet except for the orphanage workers, drivers and translators and a few people at the MOE. I'm not posting pictures of the kids until after our court date as it is not allowed. Thanks for all your questions Jody but especially all of your prayers. We love you and we're so thankful for you and your family. BTW, I'll be sending those magnets to Melody when I get back.=)
Okay everyone, I think I'll post one more time after this right before we leave for the airport. We will try our best to post in Russia but it depends on if we can get internet service. Please pray for us and remember that it's 12 hours ahead of our time in Kras. Thanks so much!!!

7 Comments:

At 3:45 PM , Blogger Deb said...

Breathing a sigh of relief that you now have everything to go meet your sons. Do you know what day will you meet the boys? And MOE meeting? I want to be sure to be praying for you.

 
At 5:14 PM , Blogger Chris Goeppner said...

Thanks Debbie! Our meeting is on Monday, not sure exactly when but probably in the morning because soon after we will go to the orphanage to meet our boys for the first time! Kras is 12 hrs ahead so be praying Sunday night.=) Thanks again for all your prayers and support.
-Penny

 
At 11:37 PM , Blogger Suz said...

Penny (and Chris) I am just so excited and happy for you! It's finally here.

I'll be praying Sunday night too that everything goes just perfectly for you as you meet the boys!

I hope you are able to post from Russia, I'll be on pins and needles :O)

 
At 7:02 AM , Blogger Esther said...

Best wishes going up for you guys! Enjoy Russia and meeting your children. It's the most amazing trip of a lifetime. Hugs, Esther

 
At 9:58 AM , Blogger mommyto5 said...

So glad your Visas are in hand! I know you guys are filled with excitement. So happy for you. Safe travels. Can't wait to hear all about your little guys:)

 
At 10:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for answering all of my questions!! We are so excited for you guys!! It's really happening!!! Yippee!!!!!!!!
Praying for the meeting ~ thanks for the heads up on when to pray ~ and also for your time as a family!

 
At 3:55 PM , Blogger kate said...

Just checked back in to see if you had any news and BOY did you! What wonderful news. Wishing you Godspeed and travelling mercies, a clear mind and an attentive heart.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home