orangewrapper

Penny & Chris Goeppner are in the process of adopting two children from Russia.

Friday, January 05, 2007

New Year's Resolutions

I'm resolving this year to wake up earlier, eat healthier, read through the Bible and exercise regularly. Will I actually do these things? I'm going to try! Getting out of bed in the morning at an early hour is probably the most difficult thing for me to do. I admit it, I'm lazy! It's pure torture for me to get up while it's still dark outside, everything in me is screaming "it's dark, you should be sleeping!" I want to have more time in my day and this is the only way I can think of making that happen. I particularly want to have a strong quiet time in the morning with the Lord. So far, the earliest I've gotten up is 7am. I'm working my way to 6am, slowly but surely. I'm going to be getting up early when the kids are finally home so I better get used to it now, right?
I'm also excited about reading through the bible this year. My husband is doing it as well. I'm hoping to end the year with a better understanding of God's Word and a stronger relationship with Him.
Eating healthy has never been a problem for me until recently. I love veggies and whole grains but I've been eating a whole lotta sugar products lately. Has anyone else tried the Hershey Kisses candy cane flavor? Amazing pretty much sums it up. Holidays! No more junk, I'm giving it up! I want to be eating healthy when the kids come home so they'll be eating healthy.
Exercise is my nemesis! I do it only when I'm in a class at a gym or something, never on my own. I cannot motivate myself enough to exercise alone and we can't afford a class right now- we're pinching pennies to get these babies home! Anyone want to come over and join me in a pilates workout on DVD? I didn't think so.=)
I'm excited about getting a secret blog pal. Debbie and Kate are putting them together. I have really enjoyed being a part of the blog world. It's so encouraging and fun reading all of your adoption blogs. Everyone has a unique story, and God's hand is in all of them. So cool!
Anyhoo, I'm off to gather more paperwork to be notarized. Expiring paperwork is so annoying!;)

3 Comments:

At 7:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the same resolutions. I saw Chris' link to the Bible reading plan. I'm trying to do that.
And I am too trying to get in shape and lose weight before we get our kiddo home. It's so hard. If I lived remotely close to you I'd come do pilates with you.

 
At 10:02 PM , Blogger Chris Goeppner said...

Yeah, that would be a long trip for a work out!=)

 
At 10:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep! I got your questionnaire.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home