orangewrapper

Penny & Chris Goeppner are in the process of adopting two children from Russia.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Here it is, 2007. Here's hoping that this new year brings blessings to us all. January is bound to be another quiet month for us as far as our adoption goes. Russia takes about 2 weeks off for their holiday. I'm praying that we still may be reaccredited at the end of the month though. We want to travel to see our kids so badly. It'll take a miracle to get them home before Roman's 2nd birthday. Our God is a God of miracles though, right? I've heard through the blog-vine that Russia is now giving Russian families incentive to adopt by paying them a lump sum that equals about $10,000 for each child. This is not good news to me since most families are poor, alot of people will be adopting for the wrong reasons-$$! I'm not worried about a Russian family trying to adopt our children though, I believe that God has chosen them for us and has set them apart for us. Please continue to pray with us that they'll be home soon.
Our anniversary is on the 8th, it'll be 8 years. It seems like yesterday we were married and starting our lives together. Time really does go by quickly, it just doesn't seem that way when you're waiting for something you really want =). My husband is the best, I thank God for him everyday.

5 Comments:

At 4:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary (early)!
When is Roman's birthday?
I did hear that the $10,000 won't be paid out until 2010 and can only be used for education and child care so I'm thinking that may deter a few from adopting. But like you said God has chosen your children for you and ours for us and He'll keep them safe till we can bring them all home.

 
At 10:08 PM , Blogger Chris Goeppner said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:17 PM , Blogger Chris Goeppner said...

Amen to that. His birthday is in March, prayerfully they'll be home by then.

 
At 10:18 PM , Blogger Suz said...

I pray that you are able to see your Roman before his birthday!! Wouldn't that be amazingly awesome to have him home before!??!

You're doing great keeping your blog up to date! Good for you.

It's been hard lately to come up with things to post, for me. I guess we go through "dry spells".

 
At 11:31 AM , Blogger kate said...

I hope you're in Russia SOON!

I wouldn't worry about the stipend being offered to Russians who have and/or adopt more than one child. Check my blog for why, if you're interested. from-russia.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home