orangewrapper

Penny & Chris Goeppner are in the process of adopting two children from Russia.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Here comes 2007!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, we did. Can you believe there's only a few more days left in the year? It's almost 2007! I remember when we were going into the year 2000 like it was yesterday. Everyone was freaked out over Y2K. The funny thing is that our power went out right after midnight that year and we had friends over and Chris immediately was on his knees saying "Let's pray". It turned out that someone crashed into a pole in our neighborhood, hence the loss of power.=) As usual we have no grand plans for New Years. Chris is going to watch the Miami Hurricanes play in what I like to call the "Tidy" Bowl.=) We'll watch the "ball" drop on TV later and pray that our babies come home early this new year. It's so quiet right now in the adoption process. I haven't heard from our agency in about a month, probably because there's no news to report. I've heard about this "silent time" from other families that have been through the process. It kinda feels like it's all a dream and it's not really happening. Chris and I were talking at dinner the other night about how we think it would have been better if we had not gotten pictures of our children. There are other agencies that do not give families pictures of their children until they are in Russia getting ready to meet them. I think that would have been better in our case. It's so hard to look at their pictures these days. I want to hold them and hug them so badly. We're praying that we'll be there soon. Thank you everyone for your continued prayers and support, it means so much to us.

6 Comments:

At 1:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't imagine the heartache of having their pictures and not hearing their voices. I am praying that it all happens very fast in the new year and your children will be home.
We aren't doing much for New Years either. I'll probably be in bed before midnight.

 
At 1:51 PM , Blogger Chris Goeppner said...

Thanks Debbie. I appreciate your prayers more than you know. I look forward to hearing from you regarding SBPs.

 
At 11:24 PM , Blogger Suz said...

Penny, I can completely relate to looking at the pictures. We have pictures of V all over the house, but some days I have to make myself not avoid looking at them. It's just so hard.

 
At 6:19 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

The silent treatment INFURIATES me!! I am paying these people A LOT of money... I think an email once a week with whatever the news is would not be too much to ask! Even if it was "you moved from #10 on the waiting list to #8" at least I could see some progress, ya know?!

If you look at the Kras database on the Yahoo group, average time from referral to travel (when your agency is accredited) is about two weeks. I think it is reasonable to hope that you will get travel news fairly quickly after reaccreditation.

Best wishes for speedy news for all of us! Lisa

 
At 10:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am praying for you!!!! God may put peace in your hearts, and urgency in Russia! We love you guys!

 
At 12:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you guys so much! Thanks for being such awesome example of faith to Andrew and I.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home