orangewrapper

Penny & Chris Goeppner are in the process of adopting two children from Russia.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Busy Times

I think we all get very busy during the holidays. We have been anyway. Our house is finally decorated and I love it. The boys have their own Christmas tree in their room which they decorate and destroy regularly, they are not allowed to touch mine.;)
We took the boys to see Santa at the mall and got a great picture. Jadon was not happy! I will post it soon. I really dislike trying to post pics with Blogger, it takes forever and is not easy so that's why you haven't seen any lately.
I had a cookie exchange party a few nights ago. I had to bake over 90 cookies!!! But I got the same number back and now we have cookie overload:) It's no wonder everyone gains weight over the holidays.
We have a staff Christmas party this Friday where we do the white elephant gift exchange. We've got some funny gifts this year! This was the first time I've had a problem getting a babysitter as Chris' family is usually available but they also have a party that night. One of Chris' kids from Youth Ministry will be helping us out but I'll be putting the boys to bed before we leave so there will be no freaking out.;))
Today was our home-school co-op's Christmas party. Each mom took a different country and set up a table for the kids to learn about different Christmas traditions around the world. We also had different dishes for them to try. Guess which country I had! Lucky for me, there's a European store nearby run by Russians with mostly Russian food so we had blinis (blintzes) with cheese and Russian tea cookies and candy. The kids loved it. At the end we had cupcakes for Jesus' birthday.
Christmas shopping is almost done, yay! We are not going overboard this year as we have in the past. The kids don't even know what to expect so that's good. I ordered their stockings from Pottery Barn (on sale) and they're huge! They won't be filled all the way this year!:))
Anyway, I hope all of you are enjoying your Christmas preparations as much as we are. It's way more fun this year now that we have our boys home!

2 Comments:

At 5:02 PM , Blogger Suz said...

You sound as busy as we are! Being on a church staff adds to that, don't you think??

I ordered Cash's stocking from Pottery Barn too and it's way huger than any of our 3 that we already had! Oh well, maybe he'll get an extra orange or apple when he's older :O)

 
At 11:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I love hearing about your Christmas land festivities!! And also about the Christmas around the world with the homeschool group! What a great idea! How I wish I could just pop over and try some of the Russian tea cookies and blinis! Fun fun! Isn't it amazing celebrating Christmas with your boys???? Just love this time of the year!
And I bought Rosie's and Sam's stockings from Pottery Barn too! Love them!! Yes, they are big!!
I'll put oranges or something in the bottom.. that's what we grew up in our stocking so Christmas morning always smelled like oranges!

Happy Christ-mas week to you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home