orangewrapper

Penny & Chris Goeppner are in the process of adopting two children from Russia.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Home School Help!


Yesterday I went to a Home School Conference and Carole Joy Seid was our speaker. Please check out her website for more info about her. The conference was eye-opening and so informative. I plan on home schooling my kids but really was clueless as to how to go about it. She completely answered all of my questions, mapped out a curriculum for our family and gave me complete peace of mind. Her main focus is on reading to your children constantly, specifically the classics. Start when they are born and never stop!;) She also gave us some great information about how boys learn and to not press them to read too early. I am actually excited about teaching our boys and not at all intimidated. I have to tell you that her teaching philosophy has rocked a lot of people's boats but the facts support what she believes. I encourage all home schooling Moms and Moms who are getting ready to home school to check out her website and go to one of her conferences as soon as possible. She even does personal consulting! It is really revolutionary.

2 Comments:

At 11:38 AM , Blogger Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

I am currently homeschooling four boys and have been reading classic novels to them for years. It has been such a joy and honor (note: I didn't say it is always easy) to spend so much time together as a family and see each of them discover the world around them. They all have unique learning styles and are gifted in different areas. Once you find what works for the individual child it is amazing to see how they take off! We have an amazing support group of HS friends which is so important.

I wish you all the best in your pursuit of home schooling!

 
At 8:55 AM , Blogger Deb said...

We plan to home school as well. I'll have to check out her site.
Glad she was able to help you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home