orangewrapper

Penny & Chris Goeppner are in the process of adopting two children from Russia.

Monday, April 28, 2008

Long Time, No Post

Sorry, it's a been a while since my last post. I've been very busy with the kiddos but I also don't like to post without pictures and blogger has been giving me a hard time lately with pics.
Anyway, the boys are doing awesome. Jadon is very much a Mama's boy now and he is no longer an angry baby. He's happy most of the time but we still battle his strong will. Roman is speaking English very well now. He still combines Russian and English words when speaking but I'm amazed by how much he does say and understand. Even Jadon's vocabulary has grown a lot.
Bedtime is great, the kids are in a routine that they expect and love and once we close the door for the night, they are asleep until 7am. They even play quietly in their room until we go in to get them. I am so thankful!
My mom and step-father came in to town last week to meet the boys for the first time. We had a great time with them and the boys love their babushka and dedushka. I was glad that they were able to be there when the boys were dedicated at our church this past Sunday. It was a very special moment to be able to have our family and friends there to witness the dedication. Hopefully I'll figure out how to post pictures soon and maybe even some video!=) Actually check out my sis-in-law's blog for pics.;) I'll work on the video.=)
We also took the boys to the beach over the weekend and they are hooked! Roman asks every day to go to the beach. I'm happy 'cause we are a beach family!
Swim lessons are going well. Jadon didn't cry for the first time today. He even kicked his legs on his own when asked! I hope they learn soon because the cost is ridiculous!!
We still spend a lot of time in our fabulous back yard and we've been making playdates once a week. They love playing with other kids.
Tomorrow is their first dentist appointment so pray that Roman doesn't have any cavities!=) I'll let you know the outcome.

2 Comments:

At 1:06 PM , Blogger JennStar said...

It sounds like things are going well!! Yea!!!!! :o) Jack had swim lessons 2 summers ago- I feel your pain (times 2!). But, oh, the relif that comes with knowing that if they fall into someone's pool, they'll be okay!

 
At 10:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah for Jadon!! You need to run out to Target and get him a Mr. Happy shirt and take a new picture!! :) What sweet boys God chose for you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home