orangewrapper

Penny & Chris Goeppner are in the process of adopting two children from Russia.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Great Outdoors

Have I mentioned how much our boys love to be outside? Today we spent the entire day (except for an hour nap and lunch) in the back yard enjoying our new additions.=) Tuesday we picked up a kiddie pool at Toys R Us. The boys love it!

Cool pool hairdos!


The boys have been taking swim lessons for a few weeks now and Roman is a natural. He loves the water!


Jadon is still not a fan of swim lessons but he loves his baby pool!=)


Ah! Brotherly love!;)


"Bathing suits?" "We don't need no stinking bathing suits!"


A very generous friend of ours built the boys a beach, er I mean a huge sandbox!


Roman and his first sandcastle.=)


Granny stopped by with a huge surprise! A picnic table and a sand/water table! I haven't finished putting them together yet but I know 2 little boys who are going to have a blast tomorrow!


Jadon loves his new "baby" swing. He actually falls asleep in it!;)

Okay, I had some more pictures to post but blogger has burnt out on me.
Thank you all for your encouraging and helpful comments on my last post. Jadon is improving daily with his temper but I know that sometimes he'll have bad days, as we all do. He is actually allowing Chris and I to lay him down in his bed and cover him up without a peep (until we shut the door)! This is a huge improvement as the norm is we put him in his bed and he angrily screams his head off while jumping up and down in his crib. I know it's all of the prayers so thank you very much! Check out Chris' blog for a cute pic!

11 Comments:

At 7:25 AM , Blogger Charlene said...

Man, that sandbox is awesome. My kids would go crazy in it. Looks like your guys yard is quickly turning into a great play area for the boys. So much fun!

 
At 3:01 PM , Blogger Shane & Marie said...

It looks like they had a blast in the pool. We also brought out the baby pool yesterday. The pictures with no bathing suits is too funny! I am glad Jadon is making improvements.

I just looked at Chris blog and had to laugh at the picture. I saw the Mr Grumpy shirt at Target and have seriously considered buying it for Bryson.

 
At 4:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you are having so much fun and that you're seeing improvements! I am sure the prayers have helped, but don't underestimate your faithful consistency either! You deserve a huge celebration on Mother's Day!

 
At 10:11 PM , Blogger Emily said...

man, we want to come over, your house looks way more fun than any park!!

the edwards

 
At 9:03 AM , Blogger 6blessings said...

Looks like a lot of warm weather fun. Such cuties!

 
At 12:43 PM , Blogger Suz said...

Wow, they look like they're doing great! They are beautiful kids.

I know when you're living it, it's tough (that bedtime stuff) but you've just been home a month. The three month point was like a magic switch went off and life was (a new) normal. Praying for you as you reach your new normal!!

 
At 9:58 PM , Blogger Michael, Carrie, and S said...

I love the pictures! I'm glad things are going so well!

 
At 5:58 PM , Blogger Don and Elizabeth said...

What wonderful photos of your boys. I am so happy to see that you have been to Russia and back! I am just catching up with all the activity on everyone's blogs. God is so good!
Blessings,
Elizabeth

 
At 7:55 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

I am going to get the water sand table tomorrow. cant wait til it gets warm enough here to put out our kiddie pool

 
At 8:51 AM , Blogger Deb said...

I'm so out of it lately. I read this pist and realized I must not have commented. The boys look great. Glad they are enjoying their new life and family. Great news to hear Jadon is improving. I'm sure it seems like forever to you but he'll get there.

 
At 5:01 PM , Blogger junglemama said...

Cute photos! Skinny dipping looks so fun!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home