orangewrapper

Penny & Chris Goeppner are in the process of adopting two children from Russia.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Finding "N"


A few weeks ago I posted a video of Roman dancing with his friend "N". We inquired with our agency about her status since our son asks about her and prays for her everyday and is now calling her his "sister".
Today we found out. She is still at the orphanage and is currently not available for adoption as her birthmother has not relinquished her rights. I was sad to hear this because I hate to think that this beautiful little girl is going to grow up in an orphanage without a loving family. We are praying for her and the situation and I'm asking all of you to pray as well. We want God's best for her.
Our fc said we could send her a letter and some pics so we're going to do that real soon.
Thanks for your prayers!

5 Comments:

At 2:16 PM , Blogger Heather Brandt said...

I'd been wondering what you'd found out about her...I will definitely pray for her.

Blessings,

Heather
www.russianblessings.wordpress.com

 
At 8:03 AM , Blogger Deb said...

Even if you can't love on her at home you can love her from afar. I'm sure she will really enjoy receiving a letter and pictures especially of Roman.
Glad you inquired. I will be praying for her.

 
At 9:58 AM , Blogger 6blessings said...

We had a very similar thing happen with us. One of the little girls at the boys' orphanage told me in Russian, "I want a mama and a papa too." It broke my heart. When we returned to the US, I found a family (actually 2) that were interested in her and her sister. I asked our agency about her, sent them pics and told them names. They checked on it. They came back and said that they were unadoptable because the mother still came back once a year to visit them. Ugh. It just doesn't seem right.

BTW, your boys are just absolutely adorable. You take such wonderful pictures of them!

 
At 2:00 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

Thank you for posting this. We will be praying for sweet "N". I found your blog when we started our Russian adoption process and have been so encouraged by your sons' progress. They are beautiful boys. We are hoping to adopt a little girl about the age of "N". We are done with our portion of our home study and I have felt myself growing disillusioned with the impending wait and looming costs. Seeing this beautiful picture today helped me to remember the sweet children in Russia waiting for families. We will be praying that "N" will be allowed to have a family and perhaps be able to call your sons, "brother."

 
At 12:41 PM , Blogger Cherylsblog said...

We need "N" here with her brothers! We will pray for that sweet girl! You need a girl anyway, Penny!

Love you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home