orangewrapper

Penny & Chris Goeppner are in the process of adopting two children from Russia.

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

We're outta here!!!

I know it's been a while since I've posted last but I've got my hands full with two crazy little boys! Aren't they cute? I'm at the business center right now so I can't post more pictures but once we get to Moscow (tomorrow) it'll be a lot easier for me to keep you all updated, I think.=)
Emotions are running wild for me. I don't think I can even articulate them at this point except to say how overwhelmed I am. Instant motherhood is way harder than I could have ever imagined but how can one really prepare for it? I'd appreciate your prayers for patience and understanding, wisdom and endurance. I know when we get home with our boys, it'll be easier. Parenting in a small hotel room is no easy task for anyone, right?
Thank you all for your prayers, we feel them and see them answered in amazing ways. We can't wait to share with all of you how many of them have been answered. We have been blessed beyond measure.
We leave Kras in the early morning tomorrow for Moscow where we will stay for 6 more nights completing paperwork and getting passports and visas for the boys. Please pray for this flight with our boys. I'm a little worried about how they will react to flying. Jadon I'm sure will scream his head off for most of the flight. Please pray me wrong!!!=)
We love you all and we cannot wait to get home!

12 Comments:

At 7:21 AM , Blogger cheryl said...

Hi Penny,

We are praying you home!!!!
Get some Cherrios for the plane ride...they saved Dan on the way home from China! :)

See you soon!

 
At 7:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to get you guys home! We are praying continually for you and peace over the boys as they have so many first in their little lives. We love you - you are missed! nancy

 
At 7:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember, you will never see anyone on that plane again so dont add that worry to your trip. Focus on the boys! I have made a few trips with the kiddos and they are tough during the flight, but provide a lot of laughable moments later on. You grow the most with your children from the challenges they present. Lollypops worked well with my kids. We are on pins and needles waiting for you guys. We will continue to pray!
Love,
Emily, Trent and the Edwards Clan

 
At 8:54 AM , Blogger www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Praying for your safe passage and that the boys will be well. Don't worry about the screaming! It will be temporary!

Can't tell you how helpful your blog has been to help us prepare emotional and psychologically for our coming trip! Thank you so much!

Godspeed your way!

Stacy Harrison

 
At 11:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll be praying! When Caleb sits in the church service with me, goldfish crackers keep him happy and quiet! It looks like snacks are a common answer as I read all of the comments! I guess just be prepared with lots of snacks!! Lollipops are great, I agree with Emily! It's what we give Caleb to help keep him still during haircuts. :) Kind of messy, but they last a long time!
Fruit loops are an extra special treat saved only for mom's emergencies! :) Not sure what Russia has, but this is what has worked for us. I'll pray for sleepy kids too!!! When we go on long trips we discovered that what keeps them from getting motion sickness also makes them drowsy... a win-win!
Can't wait until you are home! We'll keep the prayers coming!

 
At 2:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris and Penny...I am lost for words....can you believe that!! It seems all that come are tears of joy! We love you guys so much and cannot wait to get our arms around you and those precious sweet grandsons. God will be faithful and continue to hear our cries....Lord, we pray Penny wrong...may they be blessings to all on the plane!! Love and prayers, Mom and Dad

 
At 3:30 PM , Blogger Lori said...

You are right, parenting in a hotel room is no easy task...even for us old pros...throw in some grieving, confused little children and some really tired and emotionally overdrawn parents and it is a recipe for disaster! I hear you are doing wonderful!!! Six more nights and then you will be in your own bed!

Prayers!!!

 
At 7:51 PM , Blogger Becky and Keith said...

I am sooo praying you wrong on the plane trip! I hope you are doing well and hanging in there. I'm sure you're exhausted but those boys are so lucky to have you! Have a safe trip!

 
At 9:06 PM , Blogger 6blessings said...

Oh my goodness! The boys couldn't be cuter. Hang in there. When you get home and get a routine going it will help. I'm sure you guys are doing a great job!

 
At 6:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't even get over how ADORABLE your boys are! So what if they carry on on the plain, I'm sure they will not be the only kids screaming. You both have been very blessed and so have your sons!
Can't wait for you to come home and share your stories!
Have a safe trip,
Renae and Joe

 
At 8:54 PM , Blogger mommyto5 said...

Well, our plane ride was a nightmare, just pray and it will be over before you know it! Prayers your ride goes smoothly. The transition is difficult especially with 2, but each day will get better,with little set backs here and there. Just try to mainly focus on the bonding/attachment to you and all is falls into place alot easier. When you are home and in your own routine with more space you also will feel better, still tired but better:) Best wishes and God Bless your forever family!

 
At 10:40 PM , Blogger Michael, Carrie, and S said...

I hope your travels to Moscow went well! Just a few more days and you will have your boys home!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home